From June 3rd, Italians can travel outside of the region they live in. Italy also dropped the quarantine requirement for people arriving from certain countries, namely:
- The 26 other members of the European Union
- Schengen Area members Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland
- The United Kingdom
- Adorra, Monaco, San Marino and Vatican City
Tourists arriving from these countries will not face any restrictions upon entering Italy, though depending on their own country’s rules they may be required to quarantine when they return home.
Everyone coming to Puglia (whether you are a resident or a tourist), has to fill in a special form that can be found on www.sanita.puglia.it.
After filling in the form you have to download the PDF and send it to your doctor, if you are a resident. If you are a tourist, send it to the prevention department of the A.S.L. of the province where you will be staying.
Furthermore, the government advises you to download the app ‘Immuni‘ that notifies you if any new cases are found close to where you are/were.
Rules in Puglia
- The use of face masks is mandatory on public transport and in stores, restaurants and bars. In a restaurant or at a bar, you can take them off when you are eating/drinking. When you’re going to the restroom or walking outside, you have to put it on. In supermarkets, gloves are mandatory as well.
- Face masks should be worn on the street in cases when it is hard to maintain a safedistance from others.
- Always keep one meter distance.
- In most restaurants, a reservation is necessary.
- At some bars and restaurants, you can’t sit with more than 3 people at the same table. What they will do then, is put an empty table in between. We experienced this last weekend.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Rules holiday Puglia 2020